Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the orem claire's is super trashy

after driving back up to provo at six in the morning on scary snowy roads, two ultrasounds, one ct-scan (complete with injection of contrast that makes you feel like you're eating metal and about to pee your pants & drinking a huge thing of another contrast thing that tastes like funky, chunky berry-ish milk), and four hours in a freezing cold waiting room, i have great news on the health front everybody: i don't have cancer, pancreatitis, or gall stones. which is wonderful, immensely relieving news. what's sucky news is that they still don't know what's wrong with me. stab in the dark at bacterial stomach infection which = two weeks of antibiotics. and everyone keeps making me feel stupid and saying it's probably just anxiety.

it's not just anxiety.

but all the same, hopefully the antibiotics work. i'm so sick so sick of feeling tired and oh so tired feeling sick.

three cheers to my mom for driving up and back with me, she is the best mom on earth!

2 comments:

Princess said...

I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. On my mission, I kept on getting stomach pain and I couldn't eat without having diarrhea. (Gross, but true.) I went to the doctors a lot my first six months, and no one was able to figure out what was wrong with me. I was so done with being sick. But it stayed with me the whole mission. Sometimes I still get bouts of it.

My mission president kept on telling me that it was anxiety. I promise it wasn't. Especially after my last two companions had the same problem, and they certainly don't have anxiety problems.

Anyway, I hope you figure out what's going on. They really need some magical machine that will tell you whatever's wrong with you. That would be so cool. I guess we just don't have the tech yet!

Anger said...

I guess if I had read your blog I wouldn't have to ask. I've been computer-less too many days. Glad it's not something super serious.