Wednesday, June 30, 2010

and so i'm back. from outer space.

after a day of travel hell, i'm finally home.

honestly, this has been the best and worst day.

on my way to the airport, i get a call from us airways that is basically "oops, your flight got cancelled." great. so i get on the phone with travelocity (sprung for the travel insurance), thinking it'd be no big deal to get me on a different flight. wrong. they could get me out of newark for an extra $200, or i can fly out of jfk...tomorrow. this is not working for me. no money, no way to get anywhere, i'm stuck at the departures gate at the dirtiest airport in the continental united states, maybe even the world. so i start crying and telling the people on the phone and at the check in that they *have* to get me out of here, that they *have* to get me home. people behind me are getting pissed and yelling at me and there's nothing i can do. the travelocity guy's useless, never using them again. finally the guy behind the counter takes pity on me and works with his manager to get me a ticket on a delta flight leaving later that afternoon.

now on to the delta line from hell. i waited an hour and forty five minutes (people kept butting in line - so annoying!) and when i finally got to the check in desk, it turned out the us airways guy had only printed me a ticket, not made me a reservation. the lady got me the. last. seat. i asked her to marry me.
so off to wait for my flight to leave in five hours. the gate changes once i'm down there waiting to another gate all the way across the airport, but at this point i'm just happy to be past security. i also randomly saw two girls from my dance team. so weird.

then i flirted (shamelessly, i might add) with the delta gate agent to get an aisle seat. i must have either been on fire flirting or looking like a total mess cuz he went above and beyond and got me exit row aisle. now that is how to travel. i could slump in my seat *and* stretch out my legs. it was awesome.
i fiiiiiiiiinnnnaaalllyyy get to salt lake and got picked up by two of my favoritest people in the whole wide world: dj & b. dressed all wacky - i loved it. i nearly knocked that boy off his feet. driving back to provo was really surreal, i couldn't believe it was actually happening.
but it's real. i'm home. and i never want to leave again. ever.

[here's b's airport picking up outfit. you can't see it but her skirt is actually a sparkly clubbing dress. and her butt looks fantastic.]

1 comment:

Emmy Rae said...

Eh...that makes me scared to fly with baby girl. BUT Brianon, I freaking love your outfit and I would totally be in a polygamist relationship just for that. ;) Ok. Not really. But it is pretty amazing!