Tuesday, March 9, 2010

also i saw a drunk guy stand up and then fall flat on his face. it was beautiful.

so i had to steal this from a friends blog because it's pretty much the best thing i've ever seen.



i've been thinking a lot lately about getting a bike. (a beach cruiser to be precise) if you know me even fairly well, you are probably thinking "gasp! a bike?! you can't even ride one." and here's what i say to you-yep. and now those of you who don't know me well are wondering why i can't ride a bike. well, it's a long story...short version is: i got in a terrible accident when i was about 13 and since then i psychologically can't ride a bike. physically, i can't even bring myself to sit on the seat. it makes me freak out. so for the past couple months, when i go to target, sometimes i'll go by the bikes and try to get my mind wrapped around getting on one. a major breakthrough happened when i went home two weeks ago-i was able to actually sit on a bike. no pedaling or anything, but seriously, just sitting on the seat was a major deal.

so now i'm thinking it's time to throw away my fear and get back on the bike. literally. (and figuratively, i suppose.)

3 comments:

Mallory said...

I have been wanting a bike also!!! I say go for it! Get back on that bike ;)

Brianon said...

ris! the things we share boggle my mind. i can't ride a bike either! bizarre, right?

also, i'm sorry about the awkwardness last night. those people i invited were weird. it's a story i will tell you on thursday.

burnin8or said...

Dinosaur comics is perhaps the greatest webcomic of all time that features dinosaurs